Fatal crash in Lemont, part of Archer Ave. closed
December 30, 2013 (LEMONT, Ill.) -- Police are on the scene of a two-vehicle fatal accident Archer and Oak Tree Lane in south suburban Lemont.
A man driving a blue Toyota in the northbound lanes of Archer Avenue was passing other vehicles on the right shoulder about 6:20 a.m. when he lost control and ended up in the southbound lanes, where he was hit by a Dodge pickup, Cook County Sheriff's office spokesperson Sophia Ansari said.
The 48-year-old driver of the Toyota was pronounced dead on the scene, Ansari said. The Cook County Medical Examiner's office confirmed the man's death, but his name was not being released Monday morning.
The driver of the pickup was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, Ansari said.
No charges or citations have been issued as of Monday morning, Ansari said.
Archer Avenue remained closed between Bell and McCarthy roads as of 9:45 a.m., but was expected to open shortly.
Cook County Sheriff's police are investigating.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2013.)
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 22 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 14 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 6 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping