Blue Island Phenol chemical plant unit shut down pending fire probe
December 31, 2013 (ALSIP, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Blue Island Phenol plant damaged by fire earlier this month has been ordered to remain off-line by the state's attorney general.
PHOTOS: Refinery Fire
A Cook County judge granted Attorney General Lisa Madigan's motion for an injunction that orders the company to investigate the incident and report the cause of the explosion to the Illinois EPA and Madigan's office.
The blast on December 13 left two workers injured and forced the evacuation of the facility.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits