Fiery crash in Sauk Village caused by head-on collision
January 1, 2014 (SAUK VILLAGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- At least one passenger had to scramble out of a burning car after a head-on collision in the far south suburbs.
State police were at the scene along I-394 near Lincoln Highway in Sauk Village.
A southbound pickup truck skidded into northbound traffic and hit the other vehicle, which caught fire.
Police say alcohol was not a factor in the accident. No charges are pending.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home