Former McHenry sheriff's sergeant pleads guilty; Gregory Pyle faced federal charges involving sexual acts with minor
January 3, 2014 (WOODSTOCK, Ill.) (WLS) -- A former McHenry County Sheriff's sergeant pleads guilty to federal charges of crossing state lines to engage in sexual acts with a minor.
Gregory Pyle also faces similar McHenry County charges involving the same victim, a young boy. Pyle is scheduled to appear in court in that case Monday.
With Friday's guilty plea, prosecutors dropped a charge of distributing child pornography over the internet involving the boy.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 35 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 59 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 41 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 51 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
35 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
59 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
41 min ago