Dolton mayor organizes kids' coat drive
January 4, 2014 (DOLTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Just in time for the frigid temperatures to arrive, 300 young people are receiving new coats.
The giveaway in south suburban Dolton was organized by Mayor Riley Rogers, who used money from his campaign fund to buy the coats.
Local business people and residents also donated coats.
The mayor emphasizes that it's important for everyone to give back to their community.
- Beverly mom Jamie Duignan, children found safe in eastern Wisconsin 2 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos