Metra train clips semi in Niles, Touhy to be closed through evening rush
January 6, 2014 (NILES, Ill.) (WLS) -- Evening rush hour traffic could be affected after a Metra crash near an I-94 exit in the north suburbs.
Dangerous Cold: How to prepare for winter storms, extreme cold | Winter driving tips | Health, safety tips | Protecting your pets | What you need in your car | What you need to do at home | Chicago Warming Centers
On Monday morning, an inbound Milwaukee District-North train struck a semi-truck in Niles near Touhy and Lehigh, closing roads in the area. Authorities from the Niles Police Department say Metra has asked that the roads remain closed for cleanup and repair until later Monday evening.
Multiple people were injured in the crash about 6 a.m. None of the injuries was life-threatening.
Trains across the other Metra lines were canceled or experiencing delays up to 110 minutes Monday morning, according to Metra's website.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake