Metra train clips semi in Niles, Touhy to be closed through evening rush
January 6, 2014 (NILES, Ill.) (WLS) -- Evening rush hour traffic could be affected after a Metra crash near an I-94 exit in the north suburbs.
Dangerous Cold: How to prepare for winter storms, extreme cold | Winter driving tips | Health, safety tips | Protecting your pets | What you need in your car | What you need to do at home | Chicago Warming Centers
On Monday morning, an inbound Milwaukee District-North train struck a semi-truck in Niles near Touhy and Lehigh, closing roads in the area. Authorities from the Niles Police Department say Metra has asked that the roads remain closed for cleanup and repair until later Monday evening.
Multiple people were injured in the crash about 6 a.m. None of the injuries was life-threatening.
Trains across the other Metra lines were canceled or experiencing delays up to 110 minutes Monday morning, according to Metra's website.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 40 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges 31 min ago
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago 59 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Set clocks ahead 1 hour for daylight savings
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD