Metra train clips semi in Niles, Touhy to be closed through evening rush
January 6, 2014 (NILES, Ill.) (WLS) -- Evening rush hour traffic could be affected after a Metra crash near an I-94 exit in the north suburbs.
Dangerous Cold: How to prepare for winter storms, extreme cold | Winter driving tips | Health, safety tips | Protecting your pets | What you need in your car | What you need to do at home | Chicago Warming Centers
On Monday morning, an inbound Milwaukee District-North train struck a semi-truck in Niles near Touhy and Lehigh, closing roads in the area. Authorities from the Niles Police Department say Metra has asked that the roads remain closed for cleanup and repair until later Monday evening.
Multiple people were injured in the crash about 6 a.m. None of the injuries was life-threatening.
Trains across the other Metra lines were canceled or experiencing delays up to 110 minutes Monday morning, according to Metra's website.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet 17 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 20 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77
32 min ago
- Divvy Week kicks off in Chicago
54 min ago