Metra train clips semi in Niles, Touhy to be closed through evening rush
January 6, 2014 (NILES, Ill.) (WLS) -- Evening rush hour traffic could be affected after a Metra crash near an I-94 exit in the north suburbs.
Dangerous Cold: How to prepare for winter storms, extreme cold | Winter driving tips | Health, safety tips | Protecting your pets | What you need in your car | What you need to do at home | Chicago Warming Centers
On Monday morning, an inbound Milwaukee District-North train struck a semi-truck in Niles near Touhy and Lehigh, closing roads in the area. Authorities from the Niles Police Department say Metra has asked that the roads remain closed for cleanup and repair until later Monday evening.
Multiple people were injured in the crash about 6 a.m. None of the injuries was life-threatening.
Trains across the other Metra lines were canceled or experiencing delays up to 110 minutes Monday morning, according to Metra's website.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting 8 min ago
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home