Metra train clips semi in Niles, Touhy to be closed through evening rush
January 6, 2014 (NILES, Ill.) (WLS) -- Evening rush hour traffic could be affected after a Metra crash near an I-94 exit in the north suburbs.
Dangerous Cold: How to prepare for winter storms, extreme cold | Winter driving tips | Health, safety tips | Protecting your pets | What you need in your car | What you need to do at home | Chicago Warming Centers
On Monday morning, an inbound Milwaukee District-North train struck a semi-truck in Niles near Touhy and Lehigh, closing roads in the area. Authorities from the Niles Police Department say Metra has asked that the roads remain closed for cleanup and repair until later Monday evening.
Multiple people were injured in the crash about 6 a.m. None of the injuries was life-threatening.
Trains across the other Metra lines were canceled or experiencing delays up to 110 minutes Monday morning, according to Metra's website.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 10 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to... 19 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77