Barrington police investigating death of baby, 7 months
January 8, 2014 (BARRINGTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Barrington police are investigating the death of 7-month-old Mya Edwards. Investigators have not said if there were signs of foul play.
Police tape surrounded the home here on South Hager on Thursday. A squad has been here all morning long. An autopsy is now taking place to determine how a baby girl died here.
The Cook County Medical Examiner's office confirms to Eyewitness News that 7-month old Mya Edwards was found dead inside this home in the 100-block of South Hager.
Barrington police will only say that they are investigating a death here. They responded to this home just after noon on Wednesday.
Neighbors tell us the family that lives here hasn't been here long. They say they don't believe the baby lives in the home, but they confirm, this is not usual behavior.
"I've lived in Barrington 25 years, I've never see anything like that. Everything's quiet around here, I was surprised to see that," said Gustavo Paque, neighbor.
Barrington police say they are working with the Cook County Major Case Assistance Team on the investigation.
local, diane pathieu
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies 7 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 4 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti 26 min ago
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- CPD adds bikes to "Operation Impact" foot...
4 min ago
- 7 in :77