Ambulance stolen outside Rockford hospital; Paul Chandler charged with theft of motor vehicle
January 9, 2014 (ROCKFORD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A man is in custody after allegedly stealing an ambulance outside the emergency room at Rockford Memorial Hospital.
Police say Paul Chandler, 51, entered the unattended ambulance on Wednesday at 4:40 p.m. A paramedic and nurse tried to stop him, but feared they would be struck, officials said. People reported seeing the ambulance in east Rockford and on the Tollway Wednesday afternoon.
The abandoned ambulance was recovered later that night in McHenry County. Chandler was arrested without incident in Belvidere. He is charged with aggravated assault and theft of motor vehicle.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 57 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 50 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- ABC 7 To Go, April 16, 2014
22 min ago
- 'The Chew'?s Carla Hall
40 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos