Flu has Chicago area hospitals taking precautions
January 14, 2014 (WLS) -- Hospitals around Chicago are taking steps to try to keep the flu virus from spreading.
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital in suburban Barrington is restricting visitors.
Anyone with flu-like symptoms is not allowed to visit.
Doctors say they are being extra cautious because they don't know if the flu outbreak will get worse this year.
Doctors are urging everyone to take precautions.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 20 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos