Ex-U of I band director Robert Rumbelow pleads guilty to stealing musical instruments
January 15, 2014 (WLS) -- The former director of bands at the University of Illinois has pleaded guilty to charges of stealing musical instruments from the school and he's been sentenced to a form of probation.
Robert Rumbelow pleaded guilty to one count of felony theft.
He was sentenced to two years of probation.
According to prosecutors, 48-year-old Rumbelow stole tens of thousands of dollars worth of instruments in 2012 and sold them.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party 55 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77