2014 Chicago Marathon to guarantee spots for some runners
January 16, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some big changes are coming to this year's Chicago Marathon. Runners will be guaranteed spots in the race, but only if they have participated in a marathon within the past two years and under certain conditions.
Men must have completed a marathon in less than 3 hours and 15 minutes. Women must have finished in less than 3 hours and 45 minutes. A lottery will be held for non-guaranteed spots.
Registration for the marathon begins March 5.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 20 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 33 min ago
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym 36 min ago
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant