2014 Chicago Marathon to guarantee spots for some runners
January 16, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some big changes are coming to this year's Chicago Marathon. Runners will be guaranteed spots in the race, but only if they have participated in a marathon within the past two years and under certain conditions.
Men must have completed a marathon in less than 3 hours and 15 minutes. Women must have finished in less than 3 hours and 45 minutes. A lottery will be held for non-guaranteed spots.
Registration for the marathon begins March 5.
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 32 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma 17 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits 26 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos