McHenry teacher's aide, 27, accused of sex assault
January 17, 2014 (MCHENRY, Ill.) (WLS) -- A teacher's aide in north suburban McHenry has been arrested, accused of sexually assaulting a student.
Police say Andrew Loef was involved with a 17-year-old female student in September. A warrant was issued for his arrest.
On Thursday, the 27-year-old turned himself in. Loef was released on $60,000 bond and will return to court next month.
McHenry School District 156 has declined to say which high school Loef worked at.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home