Chicago ties NY for AAA Five Diamond restaurants
January 17, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago restaurant scene now boasts seven AAA Five Diamond-rated restaurants, the same number as New York City.
In Chicago, the following restaurants were awarded the AAA Five Diamond rating: Acadia, Alinea, Arun's, Everest, Grace, Sixteen, and Tru.
The following Chicago restaurants received AAA Four Diamond ratings: Blackbird, Boka, L2O, Les Nomades, Lockwood Restaurant, Masaki, MK, Moto, NAHA, Next Restaurant, Pelago Ristorante, Shanghai Terrace, Spiaggia, and Topolobampo.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said in a statement Friday: "I congratulate all of the Chicago restaurants recognized by AAA with Four and Five Diamond ratings. Chicago offers a rich history of diverse food culture and unique culinary experiences. The Second City is second to none in first-rate dining and world-class food."
Outside of Chicago, Tallgrass in Lockport also received a AAA Four Diamond rating.
Sixty-five evaluators anonymously visit the restaurants to come up with the ratings issued by the travel industry organization, AAA.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 4 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side 26 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 23 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Ill. communities spurring renewable energy
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- 7 in :77