Emery Lehman, Oak Park River Forest student, gets sendoff for Sochi Games
January 17, 2014 (OAK PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- A west suburban high school senior is heading to the Sochi Games, and he got a warm send- off Friday at school.
Speed skater Emery Lehman goes to Oak Park River Forest High School.
The 17-year-old leaves for Sochi, Russia this weekend.
He was given a hat, blanket and sweatshirt in school colors to help him stay warm during the games.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary