Car smashes through wall of Dolton home near 141st and Indiana, catches fire
January 20, 2014 (DOLTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A car crashed into a south suburban home and caught fire, creating scary moments for the family inside.
It happened just 12 a.m. Monday at East 141st Street and Indiana in Dolton.
The car smashed right through the wall and burned part of the home.
The homeowner said he thought it was something much worse, at first.
"All of a sudden, we heard a loud boom, and she jumped up, got on the floor like somebody was shooting. I looked out the back, and there was car in the basement, knocked out half the wall in the basement," the unidentified man said.
The driver of the car went to the hospital with a leg injury.
No one inside the home was hurt.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits