Asbestos found at Hinsdale Middle School
January 28, 2014 (HINSDALE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Crews cleaning up mold at a suburban middle school found asbestos in some broken tiles.
The mold was traced to a leaking pipe at Hinsdale Middle School. That led the school to close its door for cleanup. According to a letter sent to parents, the crew found asbestos in broken tiles.
The letter said it's unlikely any students or faculty were exposed to the asbestos. Officials said they still plan to reopen school on Monday and hold an open house on Sunday, February 2 from 1 to 3 p.m.
Students at Hinsdale Middle School are attending classes at Clarendon Hills during the cleanup.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 17 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 8 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
17 min ago