Hinsdale Middle School finishes clearing mold, asbestos
January 31, 2014 (HINSDALE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The final cleaning at Hinsdale Middle School to remove mold and asbestos, means that students could be back in the building next week.
Monday could be the last day Hinsdale students attend Clarendon Hills for classes as workers try to clean up mold and asbestos in time for them to reopen early next week.
Experts will take samples for any signs of mold befoer students are allowed back into the building.
The mold was found earlier this month and was traced to a leaking pipe.
The superintendent has been providing daily updates to parents and the district says it's confident the school will re-open to students next week.
- Spring-like day followed by snow 58 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 14 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race 9 min ago
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
47 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
58 min ago
- I-Team: Concealed carry applicants notified...
10 min ago