1 dead in Romeoville head-on collision involving Pace bus
February 12, 2014 (ROMEOVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A small Pace bus collided with two cars in suburban Romeoville, killing one person.
Romeoville police say a Kia crossed into a lane of oncoming traffic on Renwick Road Wednesday morning and was struck head-on by a Pace bus. The Kia then struck a second car.
Authorities said the driver of the Kia was transported to St. Joseph's Medical Center in Joliet and later pronounced dead.
Three other people involved in the crash were transported to area hospitals where they were treated and released.
Several streets in the area of Renwick Road and Rankin Drive were blocked as crews cleared the scene.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 59 min ago
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet 15 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 18 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77
30 min ago
- Divvy Week kicks off in Chicago
52 min ago