1 dead in Romeoville head-on collision involving Pace bus
February 12, 2014 (ROMEOVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A small Pace bus collided with two cars in suburban Romeoville, killing one person.
Romeoville police say a Kia crossed into a lane of oncoming traffic on Renwick Road Wednesday morning and was struck head-on by a Pace bus. The Kia then struck a second car.
Authorities said the driver of the Kia was transported to St. Joseph's Medical Center in Joliet and later pronounced dead.
Three other people involved in the crash were transported to area hospitals where they were treated and released.
Several streets in the area of Renwick Road and Rankin Drive were blocked as crews cleared the scene.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer