Man charged with DUI in Maywood bus crash that injured 3 pedestrians; Scott Stubler, 24, held on $50K bond after crashing Pace vehicle
February 13, 2014 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police say a man was intoxicated when he drove his car into a Pace bus and struck three pedestrians in west suburban Maywood on Thursday.
Scott Stubler, 24, of southwest suburban Rockdale, was ordered held on $50,000 bail Sunday after being charged with aggravated DUI in connection to the crash that seriously injured two people, according to a statement from the Cook County Sheriff's office.
About 3:35 p.m., Stubler allegedly was under the influence of heroin, codein and morphine while driving southbound on South 1st Avenue near Loyola University Medical Center, when his red Nissan Sentra veered into the northbound lane and struck a Pace bus carrying five passengers.
After hitting the Pace bus, Stubler's car struck three pedestrians at a nearby crosswalk, the release said. All three were taken to Loyola University Medical Center where two were listed in serious condition, sheriff's office spokesman Ben Breit said.
The five passengers who were inside the Pace bus were not injured, but were taken to the same hospital as a precaution, officials said.
Stubler was also hospitalized with minor injuries and later released, police said.
Stubler, who was also hospitalized with minor injuries and later released, was ticketed for failure to reduce speed, improper traffic lane usage, failing to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk and drive without insurance, county officials confirmed.
He had a previous warrant for possession of a controlled substance, according to the sheriff's office.
Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 6 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake