Kustok murder trial to begin Thursday; Allan Kustok accused of killing wife Anita Kustok
February 19, 2014 (ORLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Lawyers will make their opening statements Thursday in the trial of Allan Kustok, the Orland Park man accused of killing his wife while she was sleeping.
Prosecutors say he shot his wife in September 2010.
Kustok told investigators he awoke that morning to the sound of a gunshot and found his wife dead with the gun in her hand.
Kustok's son and daughter are have been subpoenaed to testify.
Sarah Kustok is a sportscaster, and her brother Zak played football at Northwestern University.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 25 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 13 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 43 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
43 min ago