Police chase ends in Bishop Ford crash, closure at 115th Street
February 21, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- All southbound lanes of the Bishop Ford Freeway and all but one northbound lane were shut down due to a police chase and subsequent crash near 115th Street on Friday afternoon.
All lanes have since been reopened.
The pursuit involved police from Calumet City and ended in a crash on the freeway (I-94) near 115th Street, Assistant Calumet City Police Chief Tom DiFiori said, citing preliminary information.
Further details were not yet known, he said.
The 2:40 p.m. incident has caused the closure of all southbound lanes on the Bishop Ford, and all but one northbound lane, an Illinois State Police trooper said.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 40 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD