Funeral held for SIU student found dead; Pravin Varughese, 19, remembered for talent, outgoing personality
February 22, 2014 (MORTON GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A crowd of friends and family filled a northwest suburban church for the funeral of a Southern Illinois University student who was found dead earlier this week.
It was an emotional service for 19-year-old Pravin Varughese.
The SIU student was remembered for his talent and outgoing personality.
Varughese's uncle is the deacon of his church and presided over much of the service.
"I can't express, you know. It's a really difficult time for us," said Liju Paul. "I was there in Carbondale. Actually, I don't know what's happened. It is suspicious, I'm telling you, this is suspicious."
His uncle was among the volunteers who went to Carbondale.
They passed out fliers in the days before Varughese's body was found in a wooded area.
An autopsy found he died of hypothermia, but how he ended up in the woods remains a mystery.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 17 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 3 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 2 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California 29 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 31 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All