Series of Austin car burglaries, thefts reported
September 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are warning Austin residents about a series of recent car burglaries and thefts on the West Side.
The first theft happened in the 700-block of North Central Avenue. Two more thefts happened in the 4900-block of West Ferdinand street and in the 4900-block of West Arthington Street.
In all three incidents, victims legally parked their cars and had their keys with them, but returned later to find vehicles either burglarized or stolen.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 2 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago 51 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting 49 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway 34 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
24 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos