Series of Austin car burglaries, thefts reported
September 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are warning Austin residents about a series of recent car burglaries and thefts on the West Side.
The first theft happened in the 700-block of North Central Avenue. Two more thefts happened in the 4900-block of West Ferdinand street and in the 4900-block of West Arthington Street.
In all three incidents, victims legally parked their cars and had their keys with them, but returned later to find vehicles either burglarized or stolen.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 6 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- What electronics will be under your tree? 41 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 24 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
6 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
41 min ago