Drivers tossing litter from cars to be fined
September 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Drivers who get caught tossing litter from their car windows in Chicago could soon get hit with a big fine.
The City Council Thursday approved a new measure to increase those fines up to $1,500.
The new ordinance raises the minimum fine of $50-200.
Chicago police will also have the discretion to impound the violator's vehicle.
The new law is set to take effect in about 30 days.
city of chicago, chicago news
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos