Man found not guilty by reason of insanity in daughter, granddaughter deaths
September 12, 2013 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A suburban man is found not guilty by reason of insanity in the deaths of his daughter and granddaughter back in 2011.
Prosecutors say Miguel Renteria called 9-1-1 and told dispatchers he stabbed his daughter Cynthia and her 2-year old daughter in his home in Skokie.
Renteria was charged with murder.
Thursday, a judge handed down the verdict after a bench trial.
A hearing will be held on October 11 to determine Reteria's treatment.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 34 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
34 min ago
- Year-End Financial Tips
28 min ago