Man found not guilty by reason of insanity in daughter, granddaughter deaths
September 12, 2013 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A suburban man is found not guilty by reason of insanity in the deaths of his daughter and granddaughter back in 2011.
Prosecutors say Miguel Renteria called 9-1-1 and told dispatchers he stabbed his daughter Cynthia and her 2-year old daughter in his home in Skokie.
Renteria was charged with murder.
Thursday, a judge handed down the verdict after a bench trial.
A hearing will be held on October 11 to determine Reteria's treatment.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
22 min ago