Man found not guilty by reason of insanity in daughter, granddaughter deaths
September 12, 2013 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A suburban man is found not guilty by reason of insanity in the deaths of his daughter and granddaughter back in 2011.
Prosecutors say Miguel Renteria called 9-1-1 and told dispatchers he stabbed his daughter Cynthia and her 2-year old daughter in his home in Skokie.
Renteria was charged with murder.
Thursday, a judge handed down the verdict after a bench trial.
A hearing will be held on October 11 to determine Reteria's treatment.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting 7 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen 4 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout