Doctor's license suspended in alleged kickback scheme
September 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The state has suspended the license of Dr. Subir Maitra, accused in a kickback scheme at Sacred Heart Hospitial on Chicago's West Side.
It involves unnecessary procedures that were billed to Medicare and Medicaid.
Maitra is also charged in a similar case in Indiana.
According to documents filed here in Illinois, there are concerns he may be suffering from physical or mental impairments.
A hearing on the suspension is scheduled for September 24.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting 7 min ago
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens 20 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation