Drive-by shooting injures girl, 14, on South Side near 79th, Vernon
September 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teenager was shot on Friday afternoon near 79th and Vernon on the South Side.
Chopper7 HD was over the scene.
Police say that a 14-year-old girl was shot in the leg.
She was taken to Comer Children's Hospital in good condition.
Investigators say that she was a victim of a drive-by shooting.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 27 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos