Drive-by shooting injures girl, 14, on South Side near 79th, Vernon
September 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teenager was shot on Friday afternoon near 79th and Vernon on the South Side.
Chopper7 HD was over the scene.
Police say that a 14-year-old girl was shot in the leg.
She was taken to Comer Children's Hospital in good condition.
Investigators say that she was a victim of a drive-by shooting.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 54 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 21 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player 34 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 53 min ago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions 24 min ago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children 6 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks 31 min ago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- CPS to convert Logan Square school into military academy 34 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
21 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without...
31 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from...
34 min ago