Marriott to build new hotel west of McCormick Place
September 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Marriott will build a new hotel just west of McCormick Place. Convention officials announced the deal Friday morning.
The planned 1,200-room hotel is expected to open in late 2016 next to the West Building. It will be a Marriott Marquis, the company's premium convention center brand.
The hotel is part of a larger project that will include a multi-use arena that will host DePaul University basketball and a 500-room boutique hotel.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos