Marriott to build new hotel west of McCormick Place
September 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Marriott will build a new hotel just west of McCormick Place. Convention officials announced the deal Friday morning.
The planned 1,200-room hotel is expected to open in late 2016 next to the West Building. It will be a Marriott Marquis, the company's premium convention center brand.
The hotel is part of a larger project that will include a multi-use arena that will host DePaul University basketball and a 500-room boutique hotel.
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North 25 min ago
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot