Marriott to build new hotel west of McCormick Place
September 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Marriott will build a new hotel just west of McCormick Place. Convention officials announced the deal Friday morning.
The planned 1,200-room hotel is expected to open in late 2016 next to the West Building. It will be a Marriott Marquis, the company's premium convention center brand.
The hotel is part of a larger project that will include a multi-use arena that will host DePaul University basketball and a 500-room boutique hotel.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 14 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
14 min ago