Marriott to build new hotel west of McCormick Place
September 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Marriott will build a new hotel just west of McCormick Place. Convention officials announced the deal Friday morning.
The planned 1,200-room hotel is expected to open in late 2016 next to the West Building. It will be a Marriott Marquis, the company's premium convention center brand.
The hotel is part of a larger project that will include a multi-use arena that will host DePaul University basketball and a 500-room boutique hotel.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery 56 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home