Wicker Park shooting kills 19-year-old man on North Milwaukee
September 14, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are questioning three people after a deadly shooting early Saturday morning.UPDATE: Suspect charged in Wicker Park shooting that killed 19-year-old
A 19-year-old man was killed in the 1500 block of North Milwaukee, in the trendy Wicker Park neighborhood. Residents are raising concerns about safety.
Charges have yet to be filed against the three men who are in custody and it is not clear if the victim had been inside the bar in front of where he was shot, however witnesses say that two men walked up to him and started shooting.
It's the second fatal shooting to take place in Wicker Park in the last week. Police say 19-year old Miguel Delgado was shot and killed while standing outside of a bar on the 1500 block of North Milwaukee just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday.
Longtime resident Dominique Doraei blames the bar for the areas troubles.
"They are all coming from that bar across the park. They should close the bar," she said.
Not long after the shooting, police came upon three men sitting on a nearby front porch pretending to live there, when in fact the home is this man's. The men are now in custody and being described as persons of interest in the shooting.
Police also recovered a weapon in between houses.
"They told me they found a gun on the side of my property. That's too close for comfort," said homeowner Radoje Popovich.
The shooting happened about a block away from Wicker Park, where on September 7, 34-year old Emmanuelle Bass was critically injured. He later died.
Though the neighborhood is generally considered a safe area filled with trendy shops and restaurants, store manager Nick Johnson says he's definitely noticed a change.
"It gets kind of crazy on the weekends," he said. "I don't know if people know that. I don't know who's responsible for it, it's really unnerving."
Delgado's family said he was a recent graduate of Calvin Park High School and had just gotten a new job to help pay for college.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 26 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to... 35 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77