Grand Avenue bridge closures planned for 2 weekends
September 14, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The city of Chicago is shutting down the Grand Avenue bridge for at least part of the next two weekends.
The bridge was closed off to traffic Saturday morning for painting and was scheduled to reopen Sunday at 6 a.m.
The bridge will be closed again next Friday, September 20 at 9 a.m. for additional repairs. The Chicago Department of Transportation says crews will reopen the bridge on Monday, September 23 in time for the morning rush hour commute.
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area