Wicker Park shooting suspect Manuel Gonalez charged with killing 19-year-old Miguel Delgado
September 15, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges were filed Sunday in connection with a shooting in the Wicker Park neighborhood that left a 19-year-old man dead.
Manuel Gonzalez, 29, is charged with first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder and made his initial court appearance Sunday. He was held on $1 million bond.
Police say he shot and killed 19-year old Miguel Delgado early Saturday during an argument at the corner of Milwaukee and Honore.
Originally, police arrested three men a few blocks away and questioned them Saturday. Authorities also recovered a weapon.
The area is generally considered safe, but some residents say at night, the neighborhood changes.
"Back in 2011, I saw this neighborhood take a turn for the worse. Late-night gun shots; you see a lot of drug trafficking," said area resident Richard Benedict.
This latest shooting happened about a block away from Wicker Park, where a 34year-old man was critically injured last Saturday.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos