Wicker Park shooting suspect Manuel Gonalez charged with killing 19-year-old Miguel Delgado
September 15, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges were filed Sunday in connection with a shooting in the Wicker Park neighborhood that left a 19-year-old man dead.
Manuel Gonzalez, 29, is charged with first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder and made his initial court appearance Sunday. He was held on $1 million bond.
Police say he shot and killed 19-year old Miguel Delgado early Saturday during an argument at the corner of Milwaukee and Honore.
Originally, police arrested three men a few blocks away and questioned them Saturday. Authorities also recovered a weapon.
The area is generally considered safe, but some residents say at night, the neighborhood changes.
"Back in 2011, I saw this neighborhood take a turn for the worse. Late-night gun shots; you see a lot of drug trafficking," said area resident Richard Benedict.
This latest shooting happened about a block away from Wicker Park, where a 34year-old man was critically injured last Saturday.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 3 min ago
- Glenview, Chicago cops accused of lying in court 4 min ago
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 26 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 56 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos