Wicker Park shooting suspect Manuel Gonalez charged with killing 19-year-old Miguel Delgado
September 15, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges were filed Sunday in connection with a shooting in the Wicker Park neighborhood that left a 19-year-old man dead.
Manuel Gonzalez, 29, is charged with first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder and made his initial court appearance Sunday. He was held on $1 million bond.
Police say he shot and killed 19-year old Miguel Delgado early Saturday during an argument at the corner of Milwaukee and Honore.
Originally, police arrested three men a few blocks away and questioned them Saturday. Authorities also recovered a weapon.
The area is generally considered safe, but some residents say at night, the neighborhood changes.
"Back in 2011, I saw this neighborhood take a turn for the worse. Late-night gun shots; you see a lot of drug trafficking," said area resident Richard Benedict.
This latest shooting happened about a block away from Wicker Park, where a 34year-old man was critically injured last Saturday.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 7 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 31 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods 8 min ago
- Gifts delivered to Ill. tornado-ravaged town 11 min ago
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge 14 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
31 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos