Teen Okoi Ofem found hanging in Chicago police cell dies
September 15, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An autopsy was planned Sunday on a teenager found hanging in a police cell.
The 18-year-old was being held at the Chicago Police Department's 4th District headquarters in the 2200-block of East 103rd Street.
Okoi Ofem was found Saturday morning and was taken to a nearby hospital where he died.
An investigation into his death was under way.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake