Teen Okoi Ofem found hanging in Chicago police cell dies
September 15, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An autopsy was planned Sunday on a teenager found hanging in a police cell.
The 18-year-old was being held at the Chicago Police Department's 4th District headquarters in the 2200-block of East 103rd Street.
Okoi Ofem was found Saturday morning and was taken to a nearby hospital where he died.
An investigation into his death was under way.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 16 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed 39 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 To Go 3-10-14
33 min ago