Sick passengers force emergency stop on Lufthansa flight from Germany to Chicago
September 15, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Officials are looking into why five people became sick on a flight from Germany to Chicago.
The Lufthansa flight had already made an emergency stop in London after a "very sick passenger" had to get off the plane and go to the hospital.
The flight then continued on to Chicago, but five more people got sick and were treated by three doctors who were on board on the plane.
Those illnesses were not related.
Two people were taken to the hospital and the other refused treatment.
All passengers who were treated are in good condition.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos