Sick passengers force emergency stop on Lufthansa flight from Germany to Chicago
September 15, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Officials are looking into why five people became sick on a flight from Germany to Chicago.
The Lufthansa flight had already made an emergency stop in London after a "very sick passenger" had to get off the plane and go to the hospital.
The flight then continued on to Chicago, but five more people got sick and were treated by three doctors who were on board on the plane.
Those illnesses were not related.
Two people were taken to the hospital and the other refused treatment.
All passengers who were treated are in good condition.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say 14 min ago
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 52 min ago
- Chicago typhoon relief shipments reach the Philippines 22 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute