Last day to apply for Chicago police officer jobs
September 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Monday is the last day to apply to become a Chicago police officer. The deadline is 11:59 p.m. on September 16.
Applicants must be 18 to 40 years old. This is the first time 18-year-olds are eligible to apply.
The department is hoping to get at least 30,000 applications.
chicago police department, chicago news
- Park Manor drive-by injures 5 children 30 min ago
- Man in custody in fatal hit-and-run on West Side, police say 16 min ago
- Boston Marathon 2014 winners cross finish line 17 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 22 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 13 min ago
- Families' hopes for ferry victims painfully humble 24 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77