CBOE glitch shuts down options trading for 17 minutes
September 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Trading on the Chicago Board Options Exchange was down for 17 minutes on Monday afternoon.
A spokesperson for the board says it was caused by a glitch in the system that records final sales and latest quotes for options exchanges across the country.
At least three other exchanges were also affected.
The Securities and Exchange Commission says it is monitoring the situation.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 20 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 4 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 35 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 14 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 41 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits