Wrong-way driver charged after traveling on 2 expressways
September 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A driver was charged with DUI Tuesday after a car went the wrong way on two Chicago-area expressways.
Illinois State Police say the car crashed into a barrier fence along the Eisenhower Expressway as the driver tried to exit at Racine.
However, the incident began on the Dan Ryan Expressway when the driver was going the wrong way.
Initially, officers arrested one person after the crash, but the other person got away. That second person was caught later and taken into police custody, as well.
No one was seriously hurt.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 57 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...