Svengoolie originator Jerry G. Bishop dies at 77: report
September 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A television legend in Chicago has died.
You might know him as the original Svengoolie. His real name is Jerry G. Bishop. Media columnist Robert Feder reports that Bishop passed away over the weekend.
He created the Svengoolie character to introduce horror movies in the 1970s. He later moved to San Diego where he got into the restaurant business.
Jerry G. Bishop was 77.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year