Rush Street reopens after smoke scare from ComEd vault
September 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police officers are starting to re-open Rush Street to traffic.
It was closed between Delaware and Oak after reports of smoke coming from an underground ComEd vault.
Crews are checking the area near Rush and Walton in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood.
The Chicago Fire Department tells us there is no fire and there are no reports of any power outages in the area.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 10 min ago
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 9 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 47 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses 44 min ago
- Selection Sunday 2014: March Madness bracket hints 46 min ago
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- 7 in :77
4 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour...
10 min ago
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos