Rush Street reopens after smoke scare from ComEd vault
September 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police officers are starting to re-open Rush Street to traffic.
It was closed between Delaware and Oak after reports of smoke coming from an underground ComEd vault.
Crews are checking the area near Rush and Walton in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood.
The Chicago Fire Department tells us there is no fire and there are no reports of any power outages in the area.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 47 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes 8 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 41 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 57 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools 35 min ago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
47 min ago