Rush Street reopens after smoke scare from ComEd vault
September 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police officers are starting to re-open Rush Street to traffic.
It was closed between Delaware and Oak after reports of smoke coming from an underground ComEd vault.
Crews are checking the area near Rush and Walton in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood.
The Chicago Fire Department tells us there is no fire and there are no reports of any power outages in the area.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home