26 injured by mace at South Side elementary school
September 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A number of students were taken to hospitals after being pepper sprayed at an elementary school.
It happened at Marsh Elementary on South Exchange.
Police say a student brought pepper spray to school and it discharged. Of the 26 people who were hurt, most were in good condition. The others were in fair to serious.
Police say at least one student is being detained.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse 22 min ago
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game 46 min ago
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport