Darwin Elementary surprised with $30K in band instruments
September 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Students at Charles Darwin Elementary School on Chicago's Northwest Side got a big surprise Thursday.
The school received $30,000 worth of band instruments.
Tom Higgenson, the lead singer of the Chicago-based band Plain White T's, helped spring the surprise.
VH1's "Save the Music Foundation" and Houlihan's restaurants made this happen.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake