Peace march planned near 66th Street and King Drive
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After a recent wave of violence in the city of Chicago, community activists and religious leaders organized a peace march Saturday night.
The march was planned for 7 p.m. New Beginnings Church near 66th Street and King Drive.
Organizers also are residents who live in other higher-crime areas of the city to stay home Saturday to stay safe.
- Alsip refinery fire after possible explosion 1 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights 37 min ago
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges 38 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 4 min ago
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago 40 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch 21 min ago
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold 41 min ago
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
4 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
37 min ago
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
38 min ago