Peace march planned near 66th Street and King Drive
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After a recent wave of violence in the city of Chicago, community activists and religious leaders organized a peace march Saturday night.
The march was planned for 7 p.m. New Beginnings Church near 66th Street and King Drive.
Organizers also are residents who live in other higher-crime areas of the city to stay home Saturday to stay safe.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash 16 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley 33 min ago
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 23 min ago
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos