Peace march planned near 66th Street and King Drive
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After a recent wave of violence in the city of Chicago, community activists and religious leaders organized a peace march Saturday night.
The march was planned for 7 p.m. New Beginnings Church near 66th Street and King Drive.
Organizers also are residents who live in other higher-crime areas of the city to stay home Saturday to stay safe.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913