Peace march planned near 66th Street and King Drive
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After a recent wave of violence in the city of Chicago, community activists and religious leaders organized a peace march Saturday night.
The march was planned for 7 p.m. New Beginnings Church near 66th Street and King Drive.
Organizers also are residents who live in other higher-crime areas of the city to stay home Saturday to stay safe.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds