Brighton Park Festival raises funds to renovate Kelly Park
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A big crowd turned out Saturday for the first-ever Brighton Park Festival held at Kelly Park on the city's Southwest Side.
The goal was to raise the $3.4 million needed to renovate Kelly Park.
The event was the second fundraiser this month.
Organizers say the project is a long time coming and will help make the community safer.
Attendees of the festival enjoyed live music, games, soccer, food and more.
city of chicago, chicago news
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home