Brighton Park Festival raises funds to renovate Kelly Park
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A big crowd turned out Saturday for the first-ever Brighton Park Festival held at Kelly Park on the city's Southwest Side.
The goal was to raise the $3.4 million needed to renovate Kelly Park.
The event was the second fundraiser this month.
Organizers say the project is a long time coming and will help make the community safer.
Attendees of the festival enjoyed live music, games, soccer, food and more.
city of chicago, chicago news
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis 29 min ago
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- NIU hazing death case in court 33 min ago
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4 17 min ago
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 1 min ago
- Ex-booster club president pleads guilty to theft
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike 45 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed
- 'Ice Road Truckers' driver charged with kidnapping prostitute
- 1888 shipwreck pictures in SF Bay released
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos