Brighton Park Festival raises funds to renovate Kelly Park
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A big crowd turned out Saturday for the first-ever Brighton Park Festival held at Kelly Park on the city's Southwest Side.
The goal was to raise the $3.4 million needed to renovate Kelly Park.
The event was the second fundraiser this month.
Organizers say the project is a long time coming and will help make the community safer.
Attendees of the festival enjoyed live music, games, soccer, food and more.
city of chicago, chicago news
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign 41 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 30 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77
4 min ago