Man shot in apparent Gold Coast road rage incident
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man was shot in the Gold Coast during an apparent road rage incident.
It happened around 4 a.m. Saturday near State and Chestnut.
The 41-year-old victim was shot in the abdomen during an argument over a parking spot.
Witnesses were stunned by the violence in that neighborhood.
"I'm shocked," said witness Samuel Kavziela. "It's the Gold Coast, it's happening here. I'm shocked. The other guy basically went back, took a gun. I saw him walking out with a gun and he just shoot the other guy and then all three of them took off."
The victim was taken to northwestern hospital in serious condition.
The gunman fled in a white car.
Police are investigating and no arrests have been made.
chicago shooting, chicago violence, chicago news
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 22 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 16 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
22 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
16 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos