Man shot in apparent Gold Coast road rage incident
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man was shot in the Gold Coast during an apparent road rage incident.
It happened around 4 a.m. Saturday near State and Chestnut.
The 41-year-old victim was shot in the abdomen during an argument over a parking spot.
Witnesses were stunned by the violence in that neighborhood.
"I'm shocked," said witness Samuel Kavziela. "It's the Gold Coast, it's happening here. I'm shocked. The other guy basically went back, took a gun. I saw him walking out with a gun and he just shoot the other guy and then all three of them took off."
The victim was taken to northwestern hospital in serious condition.
The gunman fled in a white car.
Police are investigating and no arrests have been made.
chicago shooting, chicago violence, chicago news
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 29 min ago
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont 2 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 15 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
15 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
29 min ago
- 2014 International Home + Housewares Show
33 min ago