Governor Pat Quinn launches re-opening of SW Side bank vital to Laino community
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn joined with local officials for the re-opening of a bank that's been important in the Latino community on the Southwest Side.
A balloon launch was part of the celebration at 26th and Pulaski.
In 2012, Second Federal Savings and Loan failed. It has now transformed into Second Federal Credit Union.
It has already begun to offer new mortgage loans and a dreamer loan, which helps young immigrants finance their visa applications.
pat quinn, chicago news
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home