Governor Pat Quinn launches re-opening of SW Side bank vital to Laino community
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn joined with local officials for the re-opening of a bank that's been important in the Latino community on the Southwest Side.
A balloon launch was part of the celebration at 26th and Pulaski.
In 2012, Second Federal Savings and Loan failed. It has now transformed into Second Federal Credit Union.
It has already begun to offer new mortgage loans and a dreamer loan, which helps young immigrants finance their visa applications.
pat quinn, chicago news
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 2 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 36 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released 53 min ago
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 6 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 30 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
2 min ago